We are approaching the summer season on the lake, and I would like to tell you about some upcoming events and ask for your help and support. You will see the divers out on the lake starting in June. Our battle with Eurasion Milfoil will not be going away anytime soon. As previously mentioned, it has become a reality that we cannot depend solely on grants and memberships for funding. Your SLA board has taken on a couple of projects to help with the funding issue. Below you will find information on these activities.
First, a reminder that our annual Squash Lake Association Meeting will tale place on Saturday, June 27.
Our “Silent Auction Fundraiser” will be held in conjunction with the June 27th Annual Meeting.
SLA GOLF TOURNAMENT – SUNDAY, JUNE 28TH – NORTHWOOD GOLF COURSE
REGISTRATION AT 1:00PM – GOLF AT 2:00PM
COST IS $50.00 PER PERSON, AND INCLUDES 9 HOLES OF GOLF, CART, RANGE BALLS,
HOLE PRIZES (every hole), PLACE AWARDS, AND A CHICKEN DINNER (5:00PM).
Last year we raised over $2000.00 dollars. All proceeds go to fight Eurasion Milfoil.
There are a number of ways you can support this project:
1. GET A TEAM AND GOLF – 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE – REGISTRATION ATTACHED
(you can also sign-up individually and we will find you a team)
2. SPONSOR A TEAM
3. SPONSOR A HOLE ($100.00) – YOUR NAME OR BUSINESS WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE HOLE, AND IN THE CLUBHOUSE.
4. DONATE A RAFFLE ITEM (CERTIFICATES OR NEW ITEMS)
5. SIGN-UP TO HELP – HELP IS NEEDED PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT AND ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT.
6. AND FINALE, HELP PROMOTE THIS EVENT BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS – THIS TOURNAMENT IS OPEN TO EVERYONE.
For more information, call Dale Smith at 715-367-0088
. For those non-golfers, you are welcome to attend the dinner at a cost of $15.00. This is a great way to meet other people on the lake.