Squash Lake Association Board Meeting
June 16, 2010
Pat Dugan’s Home
Present: Pat Dugan, Stephanie Boismenue, Janet Appling, Marge Mehring, Dan Mehring, Greg Nevinski, Craig Zarley.
- 1. Approve May 17, 2010 minutes:
Motion to Approve: Janet Appling
Second: Greg Nevinski
- 2. Reports:
- Treasurer: Janet Appling reported assets of $2,250.
- Officer Positions open for 2010-2011:
- OCLRA: Stephanie updated the board.
- Vice President
- Assistant Secretary – Sarah Biolo
- Pat Dugan reported on the donation of 4,000 feet of shoreline that he and his wife Sue donated to the Northwoods Land Trust.
4. AIS Committee:
- EWM Rapid Response Grant implementation: The grant was approved for $19,528 from the DNR.
- AIS Education Grant: Janet Appling reported. Janet asked for volunteers to decorate a float for the 4th of July parade in Rhinelander. Marj Mehring, Craig Zarley and Janet Appling volunteered and will be handing out brochures at the parade. The Squash Lake portion of this grant is $6,600.
- Proposed boat landing launch fee: Gary Cirilli is going to have a donation box installed at the public boat landing for voluntary contributions for AIS eradication.
- Trash & Treasures Dive: Stephanie reported that three divers pulled milfoil on May 22 & 23. The divers pulled 350 lbs of weeds on the first day, and 250 lbs on the second day.
- Clean Boats Clean Water: this portion of the Rapid Response grant from the DNR is being coordinated by Jane Pfeifer. It is hoped that all Squash Lake Association members will sign up to help monitor the landing and educate boaters on preventing the spread of invasive species.
5. New Business:
- SLA annual meeting July 11th: Pat asked for volunteers for setup and cleanup.
Motion to adjourn:
Adjourned at 8:30pm
Next board meeting August 4th